“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your character. Your character becomes your destiny”. Mahatma Gandhi
WAKE UP EARLY TO REDUCE THE RUSH AND START THE DAY WITH CALM
DRINK 2 BIG GLASSES OF WATER
BURN SOME CALORIES
To get the blood flowing and the mind and body engaged
10 MINUTES OF DEEP BREATHING, PRAYER OR MEDITATION
To give clarity to the mind.
REVIEW YOUR PRIORITIES AND PURPOSE FOR THE DAY
PRACTISE THE 10 MINUTE RULE
If tasks take less than 10 minutes, group them together and get them out of the way first.
EAT THE FROG
Do the really tough and nasty task or project first. Get it out of the way. Don’t procrastinate.
Turn off your phone to avoid distractions when you need to be fully engaged with a task.
SET AGENDAS FOR MEETINGS TO STAY ON TRACK.
Plan content/context for meetings to keep them focused and timely.
Aggressively mono task to stay present and maximise productivity.
FOLLOW THE PARETO PRINCIPLE
Establish the 20% activity that delivers 80% of the results for your stakeholders and focus relentlessly on that 20%.
- Prepare what you need for the next day before you go to bed.
- Block time once a week to plot out your priorities for the week ahead.
- Co-ordinate your home and work/admin tasks with your partner so you are aware of each other’s priorities and share the load where possible.
- Keep a pen and paper next to your bed to jot down ideas and any nagging thoughts.
- Set your bedtime to control the time you spend on TV and mobile phone time at night.